Over 25 years of racing and training in Melbourne’s Western suburbs, Australia  
Exit Forum

Which womens triathlon wetsuit?!
Posted: 21 August 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-21

Hello,

I’m fairly new to Triathlons and was wondering which womens triathlon wetsuit you would recommend for a beginner? The triathlons I have done so far I have not needed one but want a general all round one for summer series and also Saturday swims. I will be in home in Melbourne in about 6 weeks from London and want to get it here as all sports stuff is lots cheaper!

So if anyone knows anymore than me- e.g.: thickness, brands, etc please let me know. I’d prefer one with no sleeves but if there is a good reason why thats not a good idea please let me know too!

Many Thanks in advance!

Lauren

Posted: 24 September 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-20

Hi Lauren,

Depends on personal preference.  Sleeveless is often thought to be good when the water temp isn’t too cold and the swimmer wants as much freedom of movement in their stroke as possible.  Sleveless have to fit very snug in order to limit water ingress between the suit and the skin - this can be uncomfortable to some swimmers.

Full sleeve is thought to be better if it’s cold or if the swimmer is more in need of as much buoyancy as possible.  And it keeps more water out.

Sleeveless can be easier to remove than full sleeve - but this is usually a matter of seconds.

David