Over 25 years of racing and training in Melbourne’s Western suburbs, Australia  
Exit Forum

Club Tent and Gatorade
Posted: 16 December 2010 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2009-12-14

WSTC have the opportunity to erect the club tent if we like at the Gatorade series of events - but we do have to give them advance notice.

Whilst our club participation in these events is not usually very large we do tend to get a few more at the Olly distance race (Race 3, Sandringham) and even more at Port Arlington, Race 4.

If you are doing this race(s) and you would like to see the tent there please let us know, either here or via email. If there is enough interest we can organise to get it there and setup.

Cheers
Peter

Posted: 16 December 2010 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-14

Peter - yep im doing th Olympic distance at Sandringham race 3.  Love to see the club tent go up.  Happy to help out if you need me.
Cheers
Flic

Posted: 16 December 2010 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-12-14

How about R4. Portarlington. I’m there…... Possibly Corporate Tri? Me and Flic there too…...And Sue…..you’re a show off. Ah Port Douglas. I Wish.

Posted: 16 December 2010 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-14

Yep Sue just coz you’ve done a half iron now and went to Busso <grin>

Posted: 16 December 2010 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-14

Yes, Sue. Now that you are a HIM’r you will be doing the long course on Sunday, right..? wink

Now put on your best Jeremy Clarkson voice and…

“Some say it’s not water or gatorade in his biddons, but diesel fuel. And he wasn’t actually born, but assembled in the Kenworth factory! All we know is - he’s called The Coke!

edit - link fixed!

Posted: 17 December 2010 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-12-14

Peter, there are a few of us in the club who compete in the Gatorade races. Whilst I dont compete in all of them I agree it would be great to have the tent at races like Sandringham and Portarlington. All we need is for someone to volunteer to cart the tent along and put it up.

Posted: 19 December 2010 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-02-03

I’ll be at Sandy and would like to see the tent there

Signature 

Rob Danaher

Posted: 20 December 2010 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-12-14

I’m registered for the Olympic at Sandringham (it doesn’t mean I’ll be racing ... Oscar => HTFU) smile

Posted: 25 December 2010 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-12-14

I will be doing both Sandy and Port A.
Hope to see you all there.
Cheers Ben

Posted: 04 January 2011 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-12-14

Hi all,

I am also doing Sandy & Port and happy to help where required.

Cheers

Andy

Posted: 05 January 2011 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-14

OK we’ve got the go ahead from supersprint to put our tent up. At this stage i plan to get it there and put it up this Saturday along with a few banners etc.
Is anyone planning to register on Saturday and if so can I get you to give me a hand putting it up.
Also will need a hand pulling it down post race on Sunday.

I am not the only one calling for volunteers.

Adam from SuperSprint asked me to pass this on.

In summary, they are looking for marshals for Sunday and if you or one of your family/friends can marshal for them you can receive a free entry into one of the Active Feet tris (value $60) and a few other goodies. If someone is coming to watch you anyway, they can do so from a “box seat” marshal position and you can get the benefits as the entry rceived for marshalling is transferrable.
Contact Adam if you are interested in helping out via .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or 0449 156 877 as soon as possible

Full details (albeit with a few formatting faux pas) are as follows:

Event – Melbourne Triathlon (Gatorade Triathlon Series – Race 3)
Date – Sunday 9th January 2011
Location – Trevor Barker Oval, Beach Road, Sandringham
Time – Between 6.00am & 10.30am (dependant upon specific role)
Roles Available –
  Registration Attendant – assisting participants with collecting there event registration kit
  Course Marshals – providing on course directions to participants
  Pedestrian Crossing Marshals – assisting spectators to move safely around the event
  Drink Station Attendants – providing participants with on course refreshments
  Finish Line Marshals – directing participants through the finish line and distributing event showbags
Minimum Age Requirements – Some roles require marshals to be at least 18 years of age.  However, opportunities are available for junior marshals of approx 14yo to 18yo to assist in a variety of other roles.
Marshal Benefits – 
Each marshal will receive the following –
  1 x Complimentary Entry to an Active Feet Fun Tri event at Race 4, 5 & 6 (Valued at $60 and transferable to a friend or family member)
  Event Crew T-Shirt
  Event showbag full of sponsor products

Anyone interested in assisting should contact me direct via .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or 0449 156 877 as soon as possible.  Further details will then be provided prior to the event.

Posted: 08 January 2011 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-14

If it survives tonight’s rain, the club tent can be found beside the Melbourne Tri/CBD tent. Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, we do not have any signage on the tent - just look for all the cool, intelligent, good looking people and you will know you are in the right place..wink
Good luck and see you all tomorrow!

Posted: 11 January 2011 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-12-14

Hi Sue - Great day at the Gatorade OD at Sandy - The conditions calmed a bit by race start so thankfully not as wild and windy as it might have been.
Saw quite a few familiar faces - great performance from Annie Martin, Stephan VanderB and Coke taking out first, second and third in their respective categories (representing the Victorian OD championships).
Ripper effort from Nicole Hart who took out a top 10 in the F 30-34 with a smoking 40 minute run off the bike! Andy Featherston was there, Binnsy Gill, Flic, (Slow)Dave B, Dazza Knight, Adrian B and I think a few others from the club in there too (apologies if i missed out - please add)

Of course WSTC will never have the turn-out as some of the other clubs - they don’t have their own races to go to so the big bayside events ARE their club races - but good to see everyone there.

Now really looking forward to the WSTC enduro on Jan 26 - I think 2 x short swims are more my style.  See you there!!;-)